Bilingual & International Tracks
The International and Bilingual Tracks at Canadian International School of Hong Kong offer our youngest learners the opportunity to grow academically and socially in an intercultural community. Optimizing a child's natural curiosity, our dual-language tracks will help guide your child’s language and cultural fluency in a nurturing but rigorous learning environment.
Starting in Early Years 1, your child will experience the best of Eastern and Western traditions as they develop their love of languages and cultures. Whether you are looking to enrol your child in our Bilingual Track or our International Track, both provide a cross-cultural learning experience that teaches young learners to care deeply for the world around them.
To learn more about our dual-language programmes, please review our Early Years brochure, watch this Parent Presentation and review our FAQs. Online applications are being accepted now until Sunday, October 2, 2022 for students wishing to join our Early Years International or Bilingual Programmes for the 2023/2024 school year.
- How is the bilingual programme structured? 雙語軌道課程是如何運行的？
- What is the learning approach for the bilingual programme? 雙語軌道課程的教學方式是怎樣的？
- What will the full day bilingual programme in EY2 look like? EY2雙語軌道課程全日班是怎樣的？
- Is there a full day international programme in EY2? EY2的國際軌道課程有全日班嗎？
- Will the bilingual track run all the way through to primary and secondary divisions? 雙語課程軌道會一直延展去小學和中學嗎？
- Which Chinese characters (traditional or simplified version) are introduced? 學校教什麼字體？繁體還是簡體？
- Can my child switch between the International and Bilingual tracks? 我的孩子可以在雙語課程軌道和國際課程軌道之間轉換嗎？
- What if a spot becomes available in the Bilingual track during the academic year? May my child switch tracks? 如果學年當中雙語軌道課程班出現空位，可以從國際軌道課程班轉過去嗎？
- Is the Bilingual programme only for students who have prior exposure to the Chinese language? 雙語軌道課程班只給學過中文的孩子讀嗎？
- Is EY1 too young to start a bilingual programme? EY1 的孩子上雙語軌道課程班會不會太小？
- Will my child be able to speak English in class until they learn enough vocabulary to communicate in Chinese? 我的孩子在學到足夠中文詞彙進行溝通之前，是使用英文交流嗎？
- If my child is a Cantonese speaker, will it be a problem in a bilingual classroom? As a parent, do I need to speak Mandarin at home to support? 我的孩子說粵語，在雙語課程軌道班會有問題嗎？作為家長，我需要在家裏說普通話支持他的語言學習嗎？
- What if I don't speak Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin), how will I be able to support my child at home? 如果我不會說中文（普通話或粵語），我如何可以在家幫助我的孩子？