CDNIS is committed to the safety and well-being of our commuters, being courteous and conscientious neighbours, and to complying with the recommendations of local authorities; including the Southern District Council and the Education Bureau. Our bussing programme provides convenient and safe transportation for our commuters while minimizing the volume of private and hired vehicle congestion on Nam Long Shan Road; the sole emergency vehicle access to our school and for our neighbours. Families may enrol their child(ren) in the school bus service via the KCM website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Are all students required to take the school bus?
- 2. Why does CDNIS have a bussing programme?
- 3. Do other international schools have similar bussing programmes?
- 4. Are bus rides be longer because of the increased number of passengers?
- 5. Does the school offer a shuttle bus service from the Wong Chuk Hang MTR?
- 6. How is the bussing programme enforced?
- 7. Are there any exceptions to the bussing programme?
- 8. What if there is no bus stop within walking distance of where we live? Can I drive most of the way to school and drop my student off at the Wong Chuk Hang MTR instead of the nearest bus stop?
- 9. My student prefers to arrive by bus in the morning and depart as a pedestrian in the afternoon. Is it possible to register for one-way ridership?
- 10. I have children in the Upper School and Early Years. Can I drop my Upper School student off at the same time as my Early Years student?
- 11. Can my student take different buses on different days that stop near their non-CDNIS activities?
- 12. Can my student take a different bus to a playdate, birthday party, etc.?
- 13. My student missed the bus. Should I contact the bus service provider?
- 14. My student is new to riding the bus and I am concerned about supervision. Is supervision provided on the buses?
- 15. I am concerned about COVID-19 exposure on the bus. Is the bus service provider taking preventative measures against COVID-19 on the buses?
- 16. Will the cost of the fees associated with the bussing programme be added to the overall cost of tuition?
- 17. Who is the bus service provider and how do I learn more about them?