1. Supply Teachers (2019-2020)
Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is looking for suitably qualified full time and part time Supply Teachers for our Lower and Upper Schools for the school year 2019-2020.
- Full qualified teachers
- Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong
- Registered teachers with Hong Kong Education Bureau
2. IT Support Specialist
Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is looking for an IT Support Specialist:
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining the school infrastructure (i.e. hardware: servers, printers, peripherals; Software: operating systems, standard applications, e-mail etc), manages appropriate records of hardware and software, investigate reported faults and provides technical support and expertise to ensure the smooth and effective day to day operation of ICT services.
- Liaise with vendors; obtain quotations for the provision of IT solutions; scheduling with IT vendors; working with IT vendors; verifying quality of work from IT vendors; acceptance of work provided by IT vendors
- Troubleshoot and support the School’s computer and network systems, including cabling, peripheral equipment, including printers, multifunction copiers, mobile devices and telephone systems including Internet Protocol (IP), and cellular, Public Address System, Security Camera System, Presentation System, LCD projectors and audio-visual equipment
- Monitor networking equipment and servers. Install and update network system improvements as needed
- Setup, install, upgrade, and configure computer systems and peripheral equipment, including printers
- Install, relocates and programs phones; provides technical support and liaises with contracted service provider to resolve problems and ensure phone system stability
- Perform routine tasks to maintain user accounts and permissions, including implementing disk space and printer quota policies.
- Perform system security and backup. Monitor security systems for potential threats and intrusion signs and make sure that security patches are always up to date.
- Perform asset management for both hardware and software. Update of asset records. Filing of disposal records
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to the other systems staff as required. Serve as back-up support for Digital Services Help Desk technicians.
- Monitor computer spare parts and consumables inventory (e.g. hardware, printer cartridges, projector lamps); provide specifications to purchasing for needed materials and equipment; verify goods received
- Carry out basic safety checks. Clean, check, confirm operational safety and perform routine maintenance on working equipment on a daily basis
- Respond to operational emergency situations (including off-hours calls)
- Operate personal computers, peripherals, software (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, multi-media, diagnostic utilities, E-mail); hand tools, meters, soldering iron, miscellaneous test equipment; and other standard maintenance tools
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science, or information systems or related field preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in an IT environment (preferably working in a multi-platform environment), involving the installation, troubleshooting and repair of desktop hardware, peripherals and software; advising users and developing technical solutions to a wide variety of problems in order to develop a good understanding of operating system and layered product software configuration, identify hardware or network problems and have all components work together.
- Broad knowledge in Apple platform’s usage and support, in both hardware and software, is desirable.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and use judgment in the resolution of problems.
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills in English. Cantonese is necessary for daily operations.
- Ability to organize daily tasks; work independently and as a member of a team.
Candidates with less technical skills and experience will be considered as IT Support Assistant.
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, expected salary, the names and contact information of three references and send by email to email@example.com
Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early for any of the above position(s), CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date (if applicable). For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be short-listed and will be contacted for interviews.
All enquiries should be directed to the attention of
Human Resources Department
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong
36 Nam Long Shan Road
or by fax to (852) 2577 3959 or by e-mail.
ITFCP Statement of Commitment
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.