Lower School Shadow Educational Assistant (Pre Reception)
Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is looking for a part time (0.5 FTE) Lower School Shadow Educational Assistant, starting immediately until June 14, 2019. Working hours are from 7:30 am to 11 am, Mondays to Fridays. This is a parent-funded position that will be reviewed in June, 2019.
Working closely with the classroom teacher (Pre Reception) and school counsellor, a Shadow Educational Assistant is responsible for the pastoral care and learning support of a specific child within the class.
Main Purpose of the Role
- To provide 1:1 support for a student.
- To support the development of the student's learning, independence, communication and behaviour under the guidance of the classroom team.
- To act as a liaison between home and school regarding the student's progress.
Main responsibilities and Requirements of the Role
- To support a student during class times, transitions to other classes and on the playground.
- To assist with the development of resources for teaching activities, alongside the classroom team.
- To assist the classroom team in delivering the educational programme for a student.
- To be part of a classroom team, under the direction of the class teacher and experienced teaching assistant.
Qualifications and Experience
- Current or recent experience working with very young children (Preschool/Kindergarten) in an educational, child care or special education setting (essential)
- Excellent command of English (essential)
- Excellent command of Mandarin (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills (essential)
- Permanent resident of Hong Kong or in possession of a valid visa to work in Hong Kong (essential)
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, expected salary, the names and contact information of three references and send by email to email@example.com
Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early for any of the above position(s), CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date (if applicable). For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be short-listed and will be contacted for interviews.
All enquiries should be directed to the attention of
Human Resources Department
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong
36 Nam Long Shan Road
or by fax to (852) 2577 3959 or by e-mail.
ITFCP Statement of Commitment
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.