Established in 1991, CDNIS is a leading international school in Hong Kong. An IB World School, CDNIS is one of only a few schools in Hong Kong to offer all three IB programmes – the Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme. The school is also authorised to grant credits toward completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), thus providing a "dual passport" for graduates to gain entry into top universities throughout the world. CDNIS enjoys a strong reputation throughout Hong Kong and Southeast Asia for academic excellence and its balance at ensuring a whole child education.
The school seeks to admit applicants and families who support the CDNIS Vision, Mission and Values statements, as well as the guiding principles of the International Baccalaureate programme. Further, the school strives to select applicants who will benefit from an inquiry-based conceptual programme in the Lower School and a rigorous university-preparatory programme in the Upper School.
Before applying to CDNIS, please take a moment to review our Admissions Policy and Procedures and our school year application deadlines for 2019/2020 (applications are still being accepted for students wishing to enter grades 8-12 for the 2018/2019 school year). We welcome prospective families to visit our campus, view the facilities, meet our staff and see our school in action. The Admissions Team will meet with parents and answer questions at the end of the tour.
Submit an application
- Please submit applications online. Click here for an overview of the Veracross Admission Portal Flow
- If you are a new parent, please click on the New Application button to begin the application process.
- If you are an existing CDNIS parent, please apply via the Admissions Portal using your existing Veracross login.
- Please ensure that all required documents are included with your application.
- Submit the application fee of HK$2,350. Should an applicant be selected for assessment, an assessment fee of HK$1,650 will be charged upon notice. (Please note the application fee and assessment fee are non-refundable and non-transferable.)
The Admissions Department will confirm receipt of the application and contact parents for additional information, if required. Handling time will be prioritized on the year of entry.
Admissions assessments/interviews for the 2019/2020 school year for students looking to enter Pre Reception to Grade 2 will take place in December 2018 or January 2019. Parents whose children are invited for an interview will be notified by the Admissions Department in mid-to-late November.
To learn more about our school, please join us for one of our weekly school tours. Schools tours are held every Tuesday when school is in session and are hosted by our Head of School or another member of the Senior Leadership Team.