1. Lower School Shadow Educational Assistant
Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is looking for a Lower School Shadow Educational Assistant, starting immediately. This is a parent-funded position expiring in June 2019.
Working closely with the classroom teacher (Grade 1), an Inclusion Case Manager, and answering directly to the Lower School Principal, a Shadow Educational Assistant is responsible for the pastoral care and academic support of a child with specific learning needs, as outlined in an Individual Support Plan.
Main Purpose of the Role
- To provide 1:1 support for a student.
- To support the development of learning, independence, communication and behaviour under the guidance of the classroom team and Inclusion Team.
- To be willing to put our students’ needs at the centre of all they do at work.
Main responsibilities and Requirements of the Role
- To support a student during lesson, transition to other classes and during less structured times including on the playground.
- To assist with the development of resources for teaching activities, alongside the classroom team.
- To assist the classroom team in delivering educational programmes, designed by the teacher, and inclusion specialist working in school.
- To take part in team meetings, reporting on student performance.
- To be part of a classroom team, under the direction of the class teacher and experienced teaching assistants.
- Current or recent experience working with children in an educational, child care or special education setting (essential)
- Excellent command of English (essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills (essential)
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of Hong Kong or posses a valid visa to work in Hong Kong (essential)
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, expected salary, the names and contact information of three references and send by email to email@example.com
Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early for any of the above position(s), CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date (if applicable). For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be short-listed and will be contacted for interviews.
All enquiries should be directed to the attention of
Human Resources Department
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong
36 Nam Long Shan Road
or by fax to (852) 2577 3959 or by e-mail.
ITFCP Statement of Commitment
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.