1. Purchasing Manager
Canadian International School of Hong Kong is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our purchasing department.
Reporting to Director of Business Administration, the Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overall management of the purchasing department with the following responsibilities:
- Manage the sourcing and procurement of categories including teaching resources and related projects, equipment, supplies, furniture, and corporate services etc. for the school to comply with school’s procurement policy;
- Hands-on performing procurement activities including running RFP/RFQ/ tender document, price benchmarking, conduct commercial and pricing negotiation, and contract management etc.
- Lead the team members to proactively identify, analyse and evaluate user departments’ procurement needs/ issues and propose solutions and recommendations
- Support the tender process for works projects under the established policies
- Oversee the compliance framework for the Purchasing Department and provide necessary training on compliance requirements including internal controls and procedures for purchasing
- Establish and maintain supplier database accurately and conduct supplier performance review
- Promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives to streamline process and improve efficiency for the Department
- Implement initiatives on sourcing and supplier development
- Maintain effective relationship with key suppliers
- Assist procurement transformation project contribute to the continuous improvement of procurement process, plus other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Degree holder or equivalent in supply chain management or related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in in purchasing and supply chain management (including 5 years of supervisory experience). Job exposure in education sector would be an advantage
- Possess professional knowledge in identifying procurement issues and developing solutions
- Strong procurement and project management skill set, sound stakeholder management skills
- Responsible for handling supplier evaluation, price negotiation; quality compliance and cost control management
- Excellent communication, negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills
- Good spoken and written English and Chinese. Knowledge of Putonghua is preferred
2. Temporary office administrative support staff
Canadian International School of Hong Kong is seeking temporary office administrative support staff. This role will involve data-entry and general office administrative duties. The working hours will be from 7:30 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday, with a one-hour lunch break each day. This is a three month temporary position with a possible extension.
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, expected salary, the names and contact information of three references and send by email to email@example.com
Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early for any of the above position(s), CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date (if applicable). For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be short-listed and will be contacted for interviews.
All enquiries should be directed to the attention of
Human Resources Department
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong
36 Nam Long Shan Road
or by fax to (852) 2577 3959 or by e-mail.
ITFCP Statement of Commitment
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.