Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is looking for the following position(s) :
1. Purchasing Manager
Canadian International School of Hong Kong is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our purchasing department.
Reporting to Director of Business Administration, the Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overall management of the purchasing department with the following responsibilities:
- Manage the sourcing and procurement of categories including teaching resources and related projects, equipment, supplies, furniture, and corporate services etc. for the school to comply with school’s procurement policy;
- Hands-on performing procurement activities including running RFP/RFQ/ tender document, price benchmarking, conduct commercial and pricing negotiation, and contract management etc.
- Lead the team members to proactively identify, analyse and evaluate user departments’ procurement needs/ issues and propose solutions and recommendations
- Support the tender process for works projects under the established policies
- Oversee the compliance framework for the Purchasing Department and provide necessary training on compliance requirements including internal controls and procedures for purchasing
- Establish and maintain supplier database accurately and conduct supplier performance review
- Promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives to streamline process and improve efficiency for the Department
- Implement initiatives on sourcing and supplier development
- Maintain effective relationship with key suppliers
- Assist procurement transformation project contribute to the continuous improvement of procurement process, plus other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Degree holder or equivalent in supply chain management or related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in purchasing and supply chain management (including 5 years of supervisory experience). Job exposure in education sector would be an advantage
- Possess professional knowledge in identifying procurement issues and developing solutions
- Strong procurement and project management skill set, sound stakeholder management skills
- Responsible for handling supplier evaluation, price negotiation; quality compliance and cost control management
- Excellent communication, negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills
- Good spoken and written English and Chinese. Knowledge of Putonghua is preferred
2. IT System Support Analyst
We are looking for IT System Support Analyst to join our IT department.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT System Support Analyst provides technical administration and support for the school ICT infrastructure and other computer related technologies, provides technical support and expertise to ensure the smooth and effective day-to-day operation of ICT services. The infrastructure consists of a variety of hardware, software applications and databases.
- Liaise with vendors; obtain quotations for the provision of IT solutions; scheduling with IT vendors; working with IT vendors; verifying quality of work from IT vendors; acceptance of work provided by IT vendors
- Serve as a project manager during new application implementation. Serve as liaison between end users and developers in the development, implementation, administration and maintenance of information systems
- Consult with developers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs. Write software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review
- Develop written technical documentation, internal operating procedures and user manuals and instructions. Conduct training programs on software applications
- Setup, install, upgrade, and configure computer systems and peripheral equipment. Evaluate and test system upgrades. Troubleshoot hardware and software related problems
- Perform routine tasks to maintain user accounts and permissions, including implementing disk space and quota policies
- Perform system security and backup. Monitor security systems for potential threats and intrusion signs and make sure that security patches are always up to date
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to the other staff as required
- Respond to operational emergency situations (including off-hours calls)
- Perform other comparable IT duties as assigned which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science, or information systems or related field preferred
- Have experience in supporting multiple applications with a good knowledge of SQL and database management
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Some scripting and programming knowledge, preferably VB.NET
- Understand the software development life cycle
- Experience with Virtualization technologies
- Ability to build and monitor services on servers
- Conceptual understanding of cyber security best practices. Familiarity with firewalls
- Ability to analyze, interpret and use judgment in the resolution of problems.
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills in English with the ability to explain complex functionalities and issues clearly and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to organize daily tasks; work independently and as a member of a team.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties; or an equivalent combination of training and
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, expected salary, the names and contact information of three references and send by email to email@example.com
Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early for any of the above position(s), CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date (if applicable). For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be short-listed and will be contacted for interviews.
All enquiries should be directed to the attention of
Human Resources Department
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong
36 Nam Long Shan Road
or by fax to (852) 2577 3959 or by e-mail.
ITFCP Statement of Commitment
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.