Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) is looking for the following position(s) :
1. Development and Alumni Affairs Manager (tentative)
The Development and Alumni Affairs Manager shall assist the Head of School in developing and implementing the school’s fund raising programme, as well as constituent relations in order to ensure that adequate resources are available for the School. The Development and Alumni Affairs Manager will do so in an efficient and effective manner, employing best practices and sound development strategies in support of the vision and goals of the School. The Development and Alumni Affairs Manager will also be in charge of keeping the Alumni database and creating strategic plans and actions/activities to engage alumni for better School development locally as well as in other areas throughout Asia, North America and Europe.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in a related field such as communications and/or marketing
- Experience in fund raising would be a strong asset but is not mandatory
- Experience leading and working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships (e.g. with staff, volunteers and donors
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders (e.g. the Board of Governors, senior administrators, faculty and all school constituencies
- Ability to represent the School in a positive manner at all times
- Ability to potentially supervising office staff to set and achieve targets and specific goals
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence in working with members of the School community and effectively communicate the mission of CDNIS
- Member of a Professional Fundraising Association, or meet the guidelines and standards of such an association will be considered an asset
- Local experience in a similar role in the Education sector will be considered an asset
- Work collaboratively with the Parent Association
2. Senior Analyst Programmer
We are looking for Senior Analyst Programmer to join our IT department.
Reporting to the Manager, IT, the Senior Analyst Programmer provides support for school wide data systems. He/She provides creative solutions to end user requirements, inquiries and problems, analyses data and business processes to identify opportunities for improvement, creates and edits custom reports using Crystal Reports and other reporting tools, creates and edits internal web pages to support the operations of various departments, communicates with data system vendors to resolve issues, works with outsource vendors to monitor program development and provides coaching and training to all members of the School.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands business flows and systems. Provides proposals to align with IT development and School practical requirements
- Performs requirement analysis, design or customization, development, implementation, launch, operation and maintenance of the school information system with an emphasis on the application systems integration and reporting
- Responsible for the day to day operations and performance of the school information system and other school wide data systems
- Protects integrity of information for accurate statistical and information data
- Maintains adequate and up-to-date system documentation and procedures for operational and security audits
- Provides database management support and maintains required security measures on all school data systems
- Provides coaching and training to users regularly, or on request
- Liaises with software vendors to implement the school information system; liaises with software developers to coordinate and monitor outsourcing program development
- Implements new systems and takes on and manages projects from start to finish
- Performs other comparable duties as assigned that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in requirement analysis, design and relevant software development, implementation, integration and launch
- Experience in mission critical system implementation is highly desirable
- Experience in Web Services
- Experience or knowledge in crystal report development and other reporting tools with a well-known database
- Experience or knowledge in .NET, VB.NET, C#, ASP, Java, SQL and/or programming languages
- Experience in working with Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server
- Exposure to Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Unix, or Linux is an advantage.
- Knowledge on mobile application development (Android / iOS) is an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills in English. Knowledge in Cantonese and Mandarin is advantageous.
- Ability to organize daily tasks, work independently and as a member of a team.
3. IT Systems Technician
We are looking for IT Systems Technician to join our IT department.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Systems Technician supports the Senior Systems Technician in the day to day running of the school network, manages appropriate records of hardware and software, investigate reported faults and provides technical support and expertise to ensure the smooth and effective day to day operation of ICT services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with vendors; obtain quotations for the provision of IT solutions; scheduling with IT vendors; working with IT vendors; verifying quality of work from IT vendors; acceptance of work provided by IT vendors
- Troubleshoot and support the School’s computer and network systems, including cabling, peripheral equipment, including printers, multifunction copiers, mobile devices and telephone systems including Internet Protocol (IP), and cellular, Public Address System, Security Camera System, Presentation System, LCD projectors and audio-visual equipment
- Monitor networking equipment and servers. Install and update network system improvements as needed
- Setup, install, upgrade, and configure computer systems and peripheral equipment, including printers
- Install, relocates and programs phones; provides technical support and liaises with contracted service provider to resolve problems and ensure phone system stability
- Perform routine tasks to maintain user accounts and permissions, including implementing disk space and printer quota policies
- Perform asset management for both hardware and software. Update of asset records. Filing of disposal records
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to the other systems staff as required. Serve as back-up support for Digital Services Help Desk technicians
- Monitor computer spare parts and consumables inventory (e.g. hardware, printer cartridges, projector lamps); provide specifications to purchasing for needed materials and equipment; verify goods received
- Carry out basic safety checks. Clean, check, confirm operational safety and perform routine maintenance on working equipment on a daily basis
- Respond to operational emergency situations (including off-hours calls)
- Operate personal computers, peripherals, software (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, multi-media, diagnostic utilities, E-mail); hand tools, meters, soldering iron, miscellaneous test equipment; and other standard maintenance tools
- Perform other comparable IT duties as assigned which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science, or information systems or related field preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in an IT environment (preferably working in a multi-platform environment), involving the installation, troubleshooting and repair of desktop hardware, peripherals and software; advising users and developing technical solutions to a wide variety of problems in order to develop a good understanding of operating system and layered product software configuration, identify hardware or network problems and have all components work together
- Broad knowledge in Apple platform’s usage and support, in both hardware and software, is required
- Ability to analyze, interpret and use judgment in the resolution of problems
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills in English. Cantonese is necessary for daily operations
- Ability to organize daily tasks; work independently and as a member of a team
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
4. Swim Coach
We are looking for a Swim Coach for our in house swimming programmes. Reporting to the Head of Aquatics, the Swim Coach is responsible for assisting in the efficient and effective operation of all swimming programmes, conducting swimming lessons for all levels as per swimming programme, maintaining a consistent standard and ensuring all programs achieve positive results.
The candidate should:
- Possess a current AUSTSWIM or ASCTA or equivalent swim coaching qualification
- Possess a current first aid and CPR certificate
- Have at least one year recent experience in teaching Learn-to-swim programme in an accredited swim school or equivalent
- Be passionate about teaching swimming to young children
- Be a team player and be prepared to take on extra responsibilities
- Fluency in English essential
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, expected salary, the names and contact information of three references and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early for any of the above position(s), CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be short-listed and will be contacted for interviews.
All enquiries should be directed to the attention of
Human Resources Department
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong
36 Nam Long Shan Road
or by fax to (852) 2577 3959 or by e-mail.
ITFCP Statement of Commitment
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.